Will “Social Science Research Assistants” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
65% Chance of Automation
“Social Science Research Assistants” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #357 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-4061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 46,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 22.00
- Currently, there are 30,030 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Survey Analyst
- Social Research Assistant
- Research Specialist
- Research Associate
- Research Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Project Manager
- Project Director
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Graduate Assistant
- Sociology Research Assistant
- Research Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Interviewer
- Research Coordinator
- Research Aide
- Psychologist Research Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Political Science Research Assistant
- Market Research Interviewer
- Historian Research Assistant
- Economist Research Assistant
- Economic Research Assistant
- Data Specialist
- Data Manager
- Computer Aided Telephone Interview Manager (CATI Manager)
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Interviewer
- City Planning Aide
- Call Center Manager
- Bilingual Research Interviewer
Tasks for “Social Science Research Assistants”
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Track laboratory supplies, and expenses such as participant reimbursement.
- Allocate and manage laboratory space and resources.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
- Collect specimens such as blood samples, as required by research projects.
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Recruit and schedule research participants.
- Code data in preparation for computer entry.
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Administer standardized tests to research subjects, or interview them to collect research data.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Perform needs assessments or consult with clients to determine the types of research and information required.
- Screen potential subjects to determine their suitability as study participants.
- Conduct internet-based and library research.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
- Present research findings to groups of people.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Transcription equipment
- Desktop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Tablet computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Computer data input scanners
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Database software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Excel
- Graphics software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- StataCorp Stata
- Online library databases
- Video development software