Will “Sociology Research Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
65% Chance of Automation
“Sociology Research Assistant” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #357 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-4061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 46,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 22.00
- Currently, there are 30,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Social Science Research Assistants”.
Also Known As…
- Social Science Research Assistants
- Survey Analyst
- Social Research Assistant
- Research Specialist
- Research Associate
- Research Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Project Manager
- Project Director
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Graduate Assistant
- Research Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Interviewer
- Research Coordinator
- Research Aide
- Psychologist Research Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Political Science Research Assistant
- Market Research Interviewer
- Historian Research Assistant
- Economist Research Assistant
- Economic Research Assistant
- Data Specialist
- Data Manager
- Computer Aided Telephone Interview Manager (CATI Manager)
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Interviewer
- City Planning Aide
- Call Center Manager
- Bilingual Research Interviewer
Tasks for “Sociology Research Assistant”
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Conduct internet-based and library research.
- Present research findings to groups of people.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Track laboratory supplies, and expenses such as participant reimbursement.
- Code data in preparation for computer entry.
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Recruit and schedule research participants.
- Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
- Perform needs assessments or consult with clients to determine the types of research and information required.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Collect specimens such as blood samples, as required by research projects.
- Allocate and manage laboratory space and resources.
- Administer standardized tests to research subjects, or interview them to collect research data.
- Screen potential subjects to determine their suitability as study participants.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer data input scanners
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Transcription equipment
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Tablet computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Web browser software
- Online library databases
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Access
- StataCorp Stata
- Database software
- Video development software
- Microsoft Office
- Graphics software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- ESRI ArcGIS software