Will “Political Science Research Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
65% Chance of Automation
“Political Science Research Assistant” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #357 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-4061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 46,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 22.00
- Currently, there are 30,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Social Science Research Assistants”.
Also Known As…
- Social Science Research Assistants
- Survey Analyst
- Social Research Assistant
- Research Specialist
- Research Associate
- Research Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Project Manager
- Project Director
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Graduate Assistant
- Sociology Research Assistant
- Research Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Interviewer
- Research Coordinator
- Research Aide
- Psychologist Research Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Market Research Interviewer
- Historian Research Assistant
- Economist Research Assistant
- Economic Research Assistant
- Data Specialist
- Data Manager
- Computer Aided Telephone Interview Manager (CATI Manager)
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Interviewer
- City Planning Aide
- Call Center Manager
- Bilingual Research Interviewer
Tasks for “Political Science Research Assistant”
- Administer standardized tests to research subjects, or interview them to collect research data.
- Collect specimens such as blood samples, as required by research projects.
- Code data in preparation for computer entry.
- Present research findings to groups of people.
- Allocate and manage laboratory space and resources.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Screen potential subjects to determine their suitability as study participants.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Perform needs assessments or consult with clients to determine the types of research and information required.
- Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
- Conduct internet-based and library research.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Recruit and schedule research participants.
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Track laboratory supplies, and expenses such as participant reimbursement.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Tablet computers
- Computer laser printers
- Transcription equipment
- Desktop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Online library databases
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Video development software
- Web browser software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Database software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Graphics software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- StataCorp Stata
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office