Will “Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #62 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1013.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 54,090.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 36,960 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Marriage and Family Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Services Director
- Advanced Clinical Specialist
- Senior Clinician
- Relationship Counselor
- Play Therapist
- Marriage Therapist
- Marriage Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Licensed Staff-MFT
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Group Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Director-Child Abuse Therapy
- Couples Therapist
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Child and Family Counselor
- Behavioral Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Therapist
Tasks for “Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)”
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, and legal aid.
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
- Follow up on results of counseling programs and clients' adjustments to determine effectiveness of programs.
- Confer with clients to develop plans for posttreatment activities.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
- Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
- Maintain case files that include activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Write evaluations of parents and children for use by courts deciding divorce and custody cases, testifying in court if necessary.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, and financial difficulties.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Hand puppets
- Computer laser printers
- Photocopying equipment
- Doll houses
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Toy block sets
- Personal computers
- eMDs Medisoft
- DocuTrac QuicDoc
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Beaver Creek Software The THERAPIST
- PracticePRO Software Systems QuickPractice
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Saner Software ShrinkRapt
- PM/2 Clinical Planner
- Care Paths eRecord
- Microsoft Access
- Blueberry Harbor Software Clinical Record Keeper
- EZClaim Healthcare Software EZClaim Advanced Medical Billing
- Anasazi Software Client Data System
- Microsoft Office
- American Medical Billing Software PMA
- Cornucopia Software Practice MAGIC
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
- Microsoft Word
- Advantage Software Psych Advantage
- SumTime Software SumTime
- Netsmart Technologies Helper
- EZ2Bill Confidant
- Casamba SmartClinic
- Mdansby The PsychReport