Will “Therapist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Therapist” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #62 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1013.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 54,090.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 36,960 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Marriage and Family Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Services Director
- Advanced Clinical Specialist
- Senior Clinician
- Relationship Counselor
- Play Therapist
- Marriage Therapist
- Marriage Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Licensed Staff-MFT
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Group Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Director-Child Abuse Therapy
- Couples Therapist
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Child and Family Counselor
- Behavioral Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Therapist
Tasks for “Therapist”
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, and financial difficulties.
- Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Maintain case files that include activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Write evaluations of parents and children for use by courts deciding divorce and custody cases, testifying in court if necessary.
- Follow up on results of counseling programs and clients' adjustments to determine effectiveness of programs.
- Confer with clients to develop plans for posttreatment activities.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, and legal aid.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Toy block sets
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Doll houses
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Laptop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Hand puppets
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Anasazi Software Client Data System
- EZClaim Healthcare Software EZClaim Advanced Medical Billing
- DocuTrac QuicDoc
- Beaver Creek Software The THERAPIST
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office
- eMDs Medisoft
- EZ2Bill Confidant
- SumTime Software SumTime
- Mdansby The PsychReport
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advantage Software Psych Advantage
- Microsoft Access
- Care Paths eRecord
- Saner Software ShrinkRapt
- Casamba SmartClinic
- Microsoft Word
- PM/2 Clinical Planner
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
- Web browser software
- Blueberry Harbor Software Clinical Record Keeper
- Netsmart Technologies Helper
- American Medical Billing Software PMA
- Cornucopia Software Practice MAGIC
- PracticePRO Software Systems QuickPractice