Will “Environmental Health Physician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Environmental Health Physician”
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Dosimetry badges
- Medical protective masks
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Vision test equipment
- Specimen collection containers
- Hearing test equipment
- Laptop computers
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Medical oxygen masks
- Desktop computers
- Safety glasses
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Personal computers
- Breathing protection equipment
- Hypodermic syringes
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Suturing kits
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Oxygen hoods
- Digital medical thermometers
- Emergency shower stations
- Percussion hammers
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Epidemiological software
- Database software
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Medical surveillance software
- Microsoft Excel
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Office
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Scheduling software
- Insightful S-PLUS
- SAS JMP
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Email software
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Biostatistical software
- StataCorp Stata