Will “Environmental Health Physician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Environmental Health Physician”
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
Related Technology & Tools
- Percussion hammers
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Suturing kits
- Laptop computers
- Breathing protection equipment
- Vision test equipment
- Safety glasses
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Digital medical thermometers
- Oxygen hoods
- Hypodermic syringes
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Dosimetry badges
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Medical oxygen masks
- Personal computers
- Medical protective masks
- Emergency shower stations
- Specimen collection containers
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Desktop computers
- Hearing test equipment
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- SAS JMP
- Biostatistical software
- Scheduling software
- Database software
- Web browser software
- Insightful S-PLUS
- StataCorp Stata
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Microsoft Office
- Medical surveillance software
- Epidemiological software
- Microsoft Word
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Email software