Will “Primary Clinician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Primary Clinician”
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital medical thermometers
- Medical oxygen masks
- Laptop computers
- Suturing kits
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Oxygen hoods
- Emergency shower stations
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Personal computers
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Desktop computers
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Dosimetry badges
- Medical protective masks
- Hearing test equipment
- Percussion hammers
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Hypodermic syringes
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Safety glasses
- Breathing protection equipment
- Specimen collection containers
- Vision test equipment
- Email software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- SAS JMP
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Database software
- Scheduling software
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Medical surveillance software
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Biostatistical software
- Epidemiological software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Insightful S-PLUS
- StataCorp Stata