Will “Primary Clinician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Primary Clinician”
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
Related Technology & Tools
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Dosimetry badges
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Hypodermic syringes
- Medical protective masks
- Desktop computers
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Breathing protection equipment
- Suturing kits
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Medical oxygen masks
- Percussion hammers
- Vision test equipment
- Hearing test equipment
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Specimen collection containers
- Safety glasses
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Digital medical thermometers
- Emergency shower stations
- Oxygen hoods
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Biostatistical software
- StataCorp Stata
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- SAS JMP
- Email software
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Database software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Epidemiological software
- Medical surveillance software
- Web browser software
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Access