Will “Preventive Medicine Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Preventive Medicine Officer”
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
Related Technology & Tools
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Desktop computers
- Suturing kits
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Oxygen hoods
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Hypodermic syringes
- Medical oxygen masks
- Hearing test equipment
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Medical protective masks
- Dosimetry badges
- Specimen collection containers
- Percussion hammers
- Personal computers
- Safety glasses
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Laptop computers
- Breathing protection equipment
- Vision test equipment
- Emergency shower stations
- Digital medical thermometers
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Microsoft Office
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- SAS JMP
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Medical surveillance software
- Microsoft Access
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Web browser software
- Biostatistical software
- Email software
- StataCorp Stata
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Scheduling software
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Microsoft Excel
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Epidemiological software
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc