Will “Preventive Medicine Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Preventive Medicine Officer”
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
Related Technology & Tools
- Percussion hammers
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Desktop computers
- Hearing test equipment
- Dosimetry badges
- Hypodermic syringes
- Medical oxygen masks
- Medical protective masks
- Suturing kits
- Personal computers
- Digital medical thermometers
- Vision test equipment
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Emergency shower stations
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Laptop computers
- Breathing protection equipment
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Oxygen hoods
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Specimen collection containers
- Safety glasses
- Epidemiological software
- StataCorp Stata
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Scheduling software
- Email software
- Medical surveillance software
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Microsoft Excel
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Microsoft Office
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Database software
- SAS JMP
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Biostatistical software
- Web browser software