Will “Preventive Medicine Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Preventive Medicine Specialist”
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
Related Technology & Tools
- Dosimetry badges
- Desktop computers
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Emergency shower stations
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Percussion hammers
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Breathing protection equipment
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Oxygen hoods
- Hypodermic syringes
- Specimen collection containers
- Safety glasses
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Hearing test equipment
- Digital medical thermometers
- Medical protective masks
- Suturing kits
- Vision test equipment
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Medical oxygen masks
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Medical surveillance software
- Microsoft Office
- Database software
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- StataCorp Stata
- Microsoft Access
- Biostatistical software
- Microsoft Excel
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Epidemiological software
- Insightful S-PLUS
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- SAS JMP
- Scheduling software
- Web browser software