Will “Preventive Medicine Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Preventive Medicine Specialist”
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
Related Technology & Tools
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Hypodermic syringes
- Oxygen hoods
- Medical oxygen masks
- Emergency shower stations
- Percussion hammers
- Suturing kits
- Desktop computers
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Hearing test equipment
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Personal computers
- Digital medical thermometers
- Dosimetry badges
- Vision test equipment
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Medical protective masks
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Specimen collection containers
- Breathing protection equipment
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Laptop computers
- Safety glasses
- StataCorp Stata
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Biostatistical software
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Email software
- Microsoft Excel
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- SAS JMP
- Database software
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Epidemiological software
- Microsoft Word
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Access
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Medical surveillance software
- Scheduling software
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc