Will “Preventive Medicine Physician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Preventive Medicine Physician”
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
Related Technology & Tools
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Dosimetry badges
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Suturing kits
- Breathing protection equipment
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Personal computers
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Desktop computers
- Emergency shower stations
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Percussion hammers
- Medical protective masks
- Medical oxygen masks
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Digital medical thermometers
- Hearing test equipment
- Laptop computers
- Vision test equipment
- Oxygen hoods
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Hypodermic syringes
- Safety glasses
- Specimen collection containers
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Scheduling software
- Email software
- Microsoft Access
- SAS JMP
- Statistical Solutions BMDP
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Microsoft Word
- Biostatistical software
- Epidemiological software
- Microsoft Office
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Database software
- Web browser software
- Medical surveillance software
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- StataCorp Stata