Will “Preventive Medicine Physician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-1069.09
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Preventive Medicine Physicians”.
Also Known As…
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Residency Director
- Regional Medical Director
- Public Health Physician
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Director
- Primary Clinician
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Medical Director
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Preventive Medicine Officer
- Occupational Medicine Officer
- Occupational Health Physician
- Environmental Health Physician
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
Tasks for “Preventive Medicine Physician”
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Coordinate or integrate the resources of health care institutions, social service agencies, public safety workers, or other organizations to improve the community health.
- Design, implement, or evaluate health service delivery systems to improve the health of targeted populations.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Document or review comprehensive patients' histories with an emphasis on occupation or environmental risks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Design or use surveillance tools, such as screening, lab reports, and vital records, to identify health risks.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Provide information about potential health hazards and possible interventions to the media, the public, other health care professionals, or local, state, and federal health authorities.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
Related Technology & Tools
- Automated blood pressure cuffs
- Oxygen hoods
- Dosimetry badges
- Suturing kits
- Emergency shower stations
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Medical oxygen masks
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Personal computers
- Medical protective masks
- Hearing test equipment
- Desktop computers
- Vision test equipment
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Hypodermic syringes
- Hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Laptop computers
- Percussion hammers
- Specimen collection containers
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Safety glasses
- Emergency eye wash stations
- Digital medical thermometers
- Medical examination protective gloves
- Breathing protection equipment
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- NCSS Power Analysis and Sample Size PASS
- Epidemiological software
- SAS JMP
- Microsoft Word
- Tidepool Scientific Software Comprehensive Environmental Toxicity Information System CETIS
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Microsoft Excel
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
- Web browser software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Medical surveillance software
- Microsoft Office
- Tidepool Scientific Software ToxCalc
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Scheduling software
- Email software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Biostatistical software
- StataCorp Stata
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info
- Statistical Solutions BMDP