Will “Cage Cashier” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Cage Cashier” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Cashier and Salesperson
Tasks for “Cage Cashier”
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Maintain cage security.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cash advance terminals
- Automatic coin sorters
- Desktop computers
- Cash registers
- Personal computers
- 10-key calculators
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Coin sorting setups
- Currency scanners
- Credit card processing machines
- Security alarm systems
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word