Will “Casino Cage Cashier” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Casino Cage Cashier” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Cashier and Salesperson
Tasks for “Casino Cage Cashier”
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Maintain cage security.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cash registers
- Personal computers
- Automatic coin sorters
- Security alarm systems
- 10-key calculators
- Currency scanners
- Cash advance terminals
- Desktop computers
- Credit card processing machines
- Coin sorting setups
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Word