Will “Casino Cashier” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Casino Cashier” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Cashier and Salesperson
Tasks for “Casino Cashier”
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Maintain cage security.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Automatic coin sorters
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Currency scanners
- Security alarm systems
- Credit card processing machines
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Coin sorting setups
- Cash advance terminals
- Cash registers
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word