Will “Guest Services” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
94% Chance of Automation
“Guest Services” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #604 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Accommodate hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 23,530.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 248,440 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Night Auditor
- Guest Services Agent (GSA)
- Guest Service Representative
- Front Office Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Desk Clerk
- Front Desk Attendant
- Front Desk Associate
- Front Desk Agent
- Desk Clerk
- Welcome Desk Agent
- Select Guest Coordinator
- Room Clerk
- Register Clerk
- Motel Front Desk Attendant
- Motel Desk Clerk
- Motel Clerk
- Hotel Reservation Agent
- Hotel Registration Clerk
- Hotel Receptionist
- Hotel or Motel Front Desk Clerk
- Hotel Front Desk Clerk
- Hotel Desk Clerk
- Hotel Clerk
- Hotel Associate
- Hall Clerk
- Guest Services Supervisor
- Guest Services Manager
- Guest Services Attendant
- Guest Services Associate
- Front Office Supervisor
- Front Office Manager
- Front Desk Representative
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Coordinator
- Floor Clerk
- Assistant Innkeeper
Tasks for “Guest Services”
- Prepare for basic food service, such as setting up continental breakfast or coffee and tea supplies.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
- Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Date-stamp, sort, and rack incoming mail and messages.
- Deposit guests' valuables in hotel safes or safe-deposit boxes.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards.
- Arrange tours, taxis, or restaurant reservations for customers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Voice mail systems
- Private automatic branch exchange PABX systems
- Steam cleaning equipment
- Automated call distributors ACD
- Automated telephone answering systems
- Centrex phone consoles
- Vacuum cleaners
- Personal computers
- Telephone call identification systems
- On hold players
- Microsoft Word
- Resort Data Processing
- Incident tracking software
- ASI FrontDesk
- Microsoft Outlook
- Delphi Technology
- Ramesys Hospitality
- Microsoft Excel
- InnQuest roomMaster
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Office