Will “Guest Services Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
94% Chance of Automation
“Guest Services Associate” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #604 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Accommodate hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 23,530.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 248,440 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Night Auditor
- Guest Services Agent (GSA)
- Guest Service Representative
- Front Office Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Desk Clerk
- Front Desk Attendant
- Front Desk Associate
- Front Desk Agent
- Desk Clerk
- Welcome Desk Agent
- Select Guest Coordinator
- Room Clerk
- Register Clerk
- Motel Front Desk Attendant
- Motel Desk Clerk
- Motel Clerk
- Hotel Reservation Agent
- Hotel Registration Clerk
- Hotel Receptionist
- Hotel or Motel Front Desk Clerk
- Hotel Front Desk Clerk
- Hotel Desk Clerk
- Hotel Clerk
- Hotel Associate
- Hall Clerk
- Guest Services Supervisor
- Guest Services Manager
- Guest Services Attendant
- Guest Services
- Front Office Supervisor
- Front Office Manager
- Front Desk Representative
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Coordinator
- Floor Clerk
- Assistant Innkeeper
Tasks for “Guest Services Associate”
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Deposit guests' valuables in hotel safes or safe-deposit boxes.
- Arrange tours, taxis, or restaurant reservations for customers.
- Prepare for basic food service, such as setting up continental breakfast or coffee and tea supplies.
- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
- Date-stamp, sort, and rack incoming mail and messages.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
- Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
Related Technology & Tools
- Voice mail systems
- Private automatic branch exchange PABX systems
- Telephone call identification systems
- Centrex phone consoles
- Automated telephone answering systems
- Steam cleaning equipment
- Personal computers
- Vacuum cleaners
- On hold players
- Automated call distributors ACD
- ASI FrontDesk
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Resort Data Processing
- Ramesys Hospitality
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Delphi Technology
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Publisher
- InnQuest roomMaster
- Microsoft Excel
- Incident tracking software