Will “Bank Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Bank Representative” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #693 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Interview persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explain account services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing applications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4141.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,480.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 41,630 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “New Accounts Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- New Accounts Clerks
- Retail Service Representative
- Retail Banker
- Relationship Manager
- Personal Banker
- New Accounts Representative
- Member Service Representative
- Loan Processor
- Financial Services Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Universal Banker
- Savings Counselor
- Sales Specialist
- Safe Deposit Box Rental Clerk
- Retail Personal Banker
- Relationship Banker
- Personal Banking Representative
- Personal Banking Assistant
- New Client Banking Services Clerk
- New Accounts Banking Representative
- Financial Services Counselor
- Financial Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Customer Service Officer
- Consumer Banker
- Banking Services Clerk
- Application Processor
Tasks for “Bank Representative”
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Answer customers' questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Inform customers of procedures for applying for services, such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Process loan applications.
- Issue initial and replacement safe-deposit keys to customers, and admit customers to vaults.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Obtain credit records from reporting agencies.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs.
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
- Duplicate records for distribution to branch offices.
- Schedule repairs for locks on safe-deposit boxes.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Teller terminals
- Personal computers
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Data entry software
- Harland Financial Solutions DepositPro
- Financial needs analysis software
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Corporate Information Factory CIF
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IPS-Sendero Relationship Profitability Manager Catalyst
- DCI iCore
- Systems Union Group MIS DecisionWare
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SharePoint