Will “Savings Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Savings Counselor” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #693 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Interview persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explain account services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing applications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4141.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,480.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 41,630 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “New Accounts Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- New Accounts Clerks
- Retail Service Representative
- Retail Banker
- Relationship Manager
- Personal Banker
- New Accounts Representative
- Member Service Representative
- Loan Processor
- Financial Services Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Universal Banker
- Sales Specialist
- Safe Deposit Box Rental Clerk
- Retail Personal Banker
- Relationship Banker
- Personal Banking Representative
- Personal Banking Assistant
- New Client Banking Services Clerk
- New Accounts Banking Representative
- Financial Services Counselor
- Financial Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Customer Service Officer
- Consumer Banker
- Banking Services Clerk
- Bank Representative
- Application Processor
Tasks for “Savings Counselor”
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
- Process loan applications.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
- Obtain credit records from reporting agencies.
- Answer customers' questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs.
- Schedule repairs for locks on safe-deposit boxes.
- Duplicate records for distribution to branch offices.
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Inform customers of procedures for applying for services, such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Issue initial and replacement safe-deposit keys to customers, and admit customers to vaults.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Teller terminals
- 10-key calculators
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Harland Financial Solutions DepositPro
- Systems Union Group MIS DecisionWare
- Corporate Information Factory CIF
- Web browser software
- DCI iCore
- Financial needs analysis software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Email software
- IPS-Sendero Relationship Profitability Manager Catalyst
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office