Will “Savings Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Savings Counselor” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #693 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Interview persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explain account services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing applications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4141.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,480.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 41,630 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “New Accounts Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- New Accounts Clerks
- Retail Service Representative
- Retail Banker
- Relationship Manager
- Personal Banker
- New Accounts Representative
- Member Service Representative
- Loan Processor
- Financial Services Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Universal Banker
- Sales Specialist
- Safe Deposit Box Rental Clerk
- Retail Personal Banker
- Relationship Banker
- Personal Banking Representative
- Personal Banking Assistant
- New Client Banking Services Clerk
- New Accounts Banking Representative
- Financial Services Counselor
- Financial Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Customer Service Officer
- Consumer Banker
- Banking Services Clerk
- Bank Representative
- Application Processor
Tasks for “Savings Counselor”
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs.
- Answer customers' questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Inform customers of procedures for applying for services, such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Schedule repairs for locks on safe-deposit boxes.
- Issue initial and replacement safe-deposit keys to customers, and admit customers to vaults.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
- Process loan applications.
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Obtain credit records from reporting agencies.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Duplicate records for distribution to branch offices.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Teller terminals
- Email software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Financial needs analysis software
- Microsoft Word
- IPS-Sendero Relationship Profitability Manager Catalyst
- DCI iCore
- Harland Financial Solutions DepositPro
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Systems Union Group MIS DecisionWare
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Web browser software
- Corporate Information Factory CIF
- Data entry software