Will “Member Service Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
99% Chance of Automation
“Member Service Representative” will certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #693 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Interview persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explain account services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing applications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4141.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,480.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 41,630 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “New Accounts Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- New Accounts Clerks
- Retail Service Representative
- Retail Banker
- Relationship Manager
- Personal Banker
- New Accounts Representative
- Loan Processor
- Financial Services Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Universal Banker
- Savings Counselor
- Sales Specialist
- Safe Deposit Box Rental Clerk
- Retail Personal Banker
- Relationship Banker
- Personal Banking Representative
- Personal Banking Assistant
- New Client Banking Services Clerk
- New Accounts Banking Representative
- Member Service Representative
- Financial Services Counselor
- Financial Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Customer Service Officer
- Consumer Banker
- Banking Services Clerk
- Bank Representative
- Application Processor
Tasks for “Member Service Representative”
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs.
- Process loan applications.
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Obtain credit records from reporting agencies.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
- Schedule repairs for locks on safe-deposit boxes.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Answer customers' questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Issue initial and replacement safe-deposit keys to customers, and admit customers to vaults.
- Duplicate records for distribution to branch offices.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
- Inform customers of procedures for applying for services, such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teller terminals
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Data entry software
- Corporate Information Factory CIF
- IPS-Sendero Relationship Profitability Manager Catalyst
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Email software
- Financial needs analysis software
- Microsoft Office
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Systems Union Group MIS DecisionWare
- Harland Financial Solutions DepositPro
- DCI iCore
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel