Will “Commercial Field Inspector” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Commercial Field Inspector” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Damage Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Commercial Field Inspector”
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Tablet computers
- Measuring tapes
- Measure markers
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Hand calculators
- Laptop computers
- Compact digital cameras
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Vertafore ImageRight
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Cost estimating software
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- Web browser software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat