Will “Physical Damage Appraiser” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Physical Damage Appraiser” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Damage Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Physical Damage Appraiser”
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measure markers
- Compact digital cameras
- Tablet computers
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Measuring tapes
- Computer laser printers
- Laptop computers
- Hand calculators
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Desktop computers
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- Microsoft Word
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- Vertafore ImageRight
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Cost estimating software
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- Email software
- Web browser software
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Microsoft Excel
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- Microsoft Outlook