Will “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Damage Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
Related Technology & Tools
- Compact digital cameras
- Measuring tapes
- Measure markers
- Computer laser printers
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Tablet computers
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Hand calculators
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- Cost estimating software
- Vertafore ImageRight
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Email software
- Web browser software
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat