Will “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Damage Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Tablet computers
- Measure markers
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Measuring tapes
- Laptop computers
- Compact digital cameras
- Computer laser printers
- Hand calculators
- Desktop computers
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Cost estimating software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Email software
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Vertafore ImageRight
- Microsoft Excel
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- Web browser software
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- Microsoft Word