Will “Material Damage Appraiser” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Material Damage Appraiser” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Damage Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Material Damage Appraiser”
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Measure markers
- Hand calculators
- Tablet computers
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Desktop computers
- Compact digital cameras
- Measuring tapes
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Web browser software
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- Email software
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Microsoft Word
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Cost estimating software
- Vertafore ImageRight
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter