Will “Material Damage Appraiser” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Material Damage Appraiser” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Damage Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Material Damage Appraiser”
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Desktop computers
- Measure markers
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Hand calculators
- Computer laser printers
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Measuring tapes
- Laptop computers
- Compact digital cameras
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Web browser software
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- Email software
- Vertafore ImageRight
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Cost estimating software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- Microsoft Word
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Microsoft Outlook
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Solera Audatex Estimating