Will “Damage Appraiser” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Damage Appraiser” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Damage Appraiser
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Damage Appraiser”
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measure markers
- Computer laser printers
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Tablet computers
- Desktop computers
- Compact digital cameras
- Measuring tapes
- Hand calculators
- Microsoft Word
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- Email software
- Vertafore ImageRight
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Microsoft Excel
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- Cost estimating software