Will “Damage Appraiser” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Damage Appraiser” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #685 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1032.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 65,930.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 31.00
- Currently, there are 15,130 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Physical Damage Appraiser
- Outside Physical Damage Appraiser
- Material Damage Appraiser
- Insurance Appraiser
- Field Inspector
- Field Appraiser
- Automobile Damage Appraiser (Auto Damage Appraiser)
- Automobile Appraiser (Auto Appraiser)
- Property Field Inspector
- Field Property Loss Specialist
- Field Automobile Adjuster (Field Auto Adjuster)
- Damage Appraiser
- Commercial Field Inspector
- Automobile Damage Field Appraiser (Auto Damage Field Appraiser)
- Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser
- Auto Body Repair Estimator
Tasks for “Damage Appraiser”
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines"
- Hand calculators
- Compact digital cameras
- Tire tread depth gauges
- Computer laser printers
- Measuring tapes
- Laptop computers
- Measure markers
- Electronic digital theodolites
- Tablet computers
- App Software Associations AppTrak.net
- Web browser software
- Swan River Software Estimiser Pro
- Meridian Technologies SurePoint
- Microsoft Word
- Email software
- Information Services Inc. CCC Pathways Appraisal Solution
- NCH Software Express Invoice
- Vertafore ImageRight
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mitchell International Mitchell WorkCenter
- Cost estimating software
- A-T Solutions Easy Street Draw
- Microsoft Excel
- Solera Audatex Estimating
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat