Will “Goodwill Ambassador” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
51% Chance of Automation
“Goodwill Ambassador” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #302 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 30,570.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 86,500 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Demonstrators and Product Promoters”.
Also Known As…
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Product Demonstrator
- Product Ambassador
- In Store Demonstrator
- Food Demonstrator
- Field Merchandiser
- Event Specialist
- Demo Specialist
- Brand Ambassador
- Welcome Wagon Hostess
- Welcome Hostess
- Sewing Techniques Demonstrator
- Sewing Demonstrator
- Sandwich Board Carrier
- Sales Exhibitor
- Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Product Specialist
- Presentation Team Member
- Party Plan Selling Distributor
- Party Plan Sales Host/Hostess
- Party Plan Sales Director
- Party Plan Sales Consultant
- Party Plan Sales Agent
- Party Plan Demonstrator
- Party Plan Dealer
- Party Director
- Party Demonstrator
- Newcomer Hostess
- Meat Products Demonstrator
- Knitting Demonstrator
- In-Store Demonstrator
- Hostess Party Sales Representative
- Home Service Demonstrator
- Home Demonstrator
- Goodwill Representative
- Food Counselor
- Fashion Show Director
- Fashion Director, Party Plan Sales
- Exhibitor Sales
- Exhibit Display Representative
- Event Staff Member
- Electric-Gas Appliances Demonstrator
- Demonstrator Sales
- Bell Ringer
- Appliance Counselor
Tasks for “Goodwill Ambassador”
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
- Recommend product or service improvements to employers.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Develop lists of prospective clients from sources such as newspaper items, company records, local merchants, or customers.
- Wear costumes or sign boards and walk in public to promote merchandise, services, or events.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
- Train demonstrators to present a company's products or services.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Provide product information, using lectures, films, charts, or slide shows.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Write articles or pamphlets about products.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Work as part of a team of demonstrators to accommodate large crowds.
- Prepare or alter presentation contents to target specific audiences.
- Practice demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.
Related Technology & Tools
- Domestic electric skillets
- Domestic toaster ovens
- Personal computers
- Barcode scanners
- Desktop computers
- Espresso makers
- Digital cameras
- Domestic coffee makers
- Handheld calculators
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software
- Presentation software
- Email software
- Hypertext markup language HTML