Will “Hostess Party Sales Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
51% Chance of Automation
“Hostess Party Sales Representative” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #302 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 30,570.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 86,500 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Demonstrators and Product Promoters”.
Also Known As…
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Product Demonstrator
- Product Ambassador
- In Store Demonstrator
- Food Demonstrator
- Field Merchandiser
- Event Specialist
- Demo Specialist
- Brand Ambassador
- Welcome Wagon Hostess
- Welcome Hostess
- Sewing Techniques Demonstrator
- Sewing Demonstrator
- Sandwich Board Carrier
- Sales Exhibitor
- Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Product Specialist
- Presentation Team Member
- Party Plan Selling Distributor
- Party Plan Sales Host/Hostess
- Party Plan Sales Director
- Party Plan Sales Consultant
- Party Plan Sales Agent
- Party Plan Demonstrator
- Party Plan Dealer
- Party Director
- Party Demonstrator
- Newcomer Hostess
- Meat Products Demonstrator
- Knitting Demonstrator
- In-Store Demonstrator
- Home Service Demonstrator
- Home Demonstrator
- Goodwill Representative
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Food Counselor
- Fashion Show Director
- Fashion Director, Party Plan Sales
- Exhibitor Sales
- Exhibit Display Representative
- Event Staff Member
- Electric-Gas Appliances Demonstrator
- Demonstrator Sales
- Bell Ringer
- Appliance Counselor
Tasks for “Hostess Party Sales Representative”
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
- Prepare or alter presentation contents to target specific audiences.
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Wear costumes or sign boards and walk in public to promote merchandise, services, or events.
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Recommend product or service improvements to employers.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Write articles or pamphlets about products.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Train demonstrators to present a company's products or services.
- Provide product information, using lectures, films, charts, or slide shows.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Practice demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
- Develop lists of prospective clients from sources such as newspaper items, company records, local merchants, or customers.
- Work as part of a team of demonstrators to accommodate large crowds.
Related Technology & Tools
- Handheld calculators
- Domestic coffee makers
- Barcode scanners
- Desktop computers
- Espresso makers
- Personal computers
- Domestic electric skillets
- Digital cameras
- Domestic toaster ovens
- Presentation software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Hypertext markup language HTML