Will “Hostess Party Sales Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
51% Chance of Automation
“Hostess Party Sales Representative” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #302 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 30,570.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 86,500 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Demonstrators and Product Promoters”.
Also Known As…
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Product Demonstrator
- Product Ambassador
- In Store Demonstrator
- Food Demonstrator
- Field Merchandiser
- Event Specialist
- Demo Specialist
- Brand Ambassador
- Welcome Wagon Hostess
- Welcome Hostess
- Sewing Techniques Demonstrator
- Sewing Demonstrator
- Sandwich Board Carrier
- Sales Exhibitor
- Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Product Specialist
- Presentation Team Member
- Party Plan Selling Distributor
- Party Plan Sales Host/Hostess
- Party Plan Sales Director
- Party Plan Sales Consultant
- Party Plan Sales Agent
- Party Plan Demonstrator
- Party Plan Dealer
- Party Director
- Party Demonstrator
- Newcomer Hostess
- Meat Products Demonstrator
- Knitting Demonstrator
- In-Store Demonstrator
- Home Service Demonstrator
- Home Demonstrator
- Goodwill Representative
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Food Counselor
- Fashion Show Director
- Fashion Director, Party Plan Sales
- Exhibitor Sales
- Exhibit Display Representative
- Event Staff Member
- Electric-Gas Appliances Demonstrator
- Demonstrator Sales
- Bell Ringer
- Appliance Counselor
Tasks for “Hostess Party Sales Representative”
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Wear costumes or sign boards and walk in public to promote merchandise, services, or events.
- Write articles or pamphlets about products.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Recommend product or service improvements to employers.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Prepare or alter presentation contents to target specific audiences.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Practice demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Develop lists of prospective clients from sources such as newspaper items, company records, local merchants, or customers.
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Train demonstrators to present a company's products or services.
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Provide product information, using lectures, films, charts, or slide shows.
- Work as part of a team of demonstrators to accommodate large crowds.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Domestic toaster ovens
- Desktop computers
- Espresso makers
- Personal computers
- Digital cameras
- Handheld calculators
- Domestic coffee makers
- Barcode scanners
- Domestic electric skillets
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Presentation software
- Microsoft Excel