Will “Party Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
51% Chance of Automation
“Party Director” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #302 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 30,570.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 86,500 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Demonstrators and Product Promoters”.
Also Known As…
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Product Demonstrator
- Product Ambassador
- In Store Demonstrator
- Food Demonstrator
- Field Merchandiser
- Event Specialist
- Demo Specialist
- Brand Ambassador
- Welcome Wagon Hostess
- Welcome Hostess
- Sewing Techniques Demonstrator
- Sewing Demonstrator
- Sandwich Board Carrier
- Sales Exhibitor
- Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Product Specialist
- Presentation Team Member
- Party Plan Selling Distributor
- Party Plan Sales Host/Hostess
- Party Plan Sales Director
- Party Plan Sales Consultant
- Party Plan Sales Agent
- Party Plan Demonstrator
- Party Plan Dealer
- Party Demonstrator
- Newcomer Hostess
- Meat Products Demonstrator
- Knitting Demonstrator
- In-Store Demonstrator
- Hostess Party Sales Representative
- Home Service Demonstrator
- Home Demonstrator
- Goodwill Representative
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Food Counselor
- Fashion Show Director
- Fashion Director, Party Plan Sales
- Exhibitor Sales
- Exhibit Display Representative
- Event Staff Member
- Electric-Gas Appliances Demonstrator
- Demonstrator Sales
- Bell Ringer
- Appliance Counselor
Tasks for “Party Director”
- Practice demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Write articles or pamphlets about products.
- Prepare or alter presentation contents to target specific audiences.
- Work as part of a team of demonstrators to accommodate large crowds.
- Wear costumes or sign boards and walk in public to promote merchandise, services, or events.
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Develop lists of prospective clients from sources such as newspaper items, company records, local merchants, or customers.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Provide product information, using lectures, films, charts, or slide shows.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Recommend product or service improvements to employers.
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
- Train demonstrators to present a company's products or services.
Related Technology & Tools
- Espresso makers
- Handheld calculators
- Personal computers
- Domestic coffee makers
- Domestic toaster ovens
- Domestic electric skillets
- Digital cameras
- Barcode scanners
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Word
- Word processing software
- Presentation software
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Spreadsheet software
- Email software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint