Will “Home Service Demonstrator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
51% Chance of Automation
“Home Service Demonstrator” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #302 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 30,570.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 14.00
- Currently, there are 86,500 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Demonstrators and Product Promoters”.
Also Known As…
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Product Demonstrator
- Product Ambassador
- In Store Demonstrator
- Food Demonstrator
- Field Merchandiser
- Event Specialist
- Demo Specialist
- Brand Ambassador
- Welcome Wagon Hostess
- Welcome Hostess
- Sewing Techniques Demonstrator
- Sewing Demonstrator
- Sandwich Board Carrier
- Sales Exhibitor
- Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Product Specialist
- Presentation Team Member
- Party Plan Selling Distributor
- Party Plan Sales Host/Hostess
- Party Plan Sales Director
- Party Plan Sales Consultant
- Party Plan Sales Agent
- Party Plan Demonstrator
- Party Plan Dealer
- Party Director
- Party Demonstrator
- Newcomer Hostess
- Meat Products Demonstrator
- Knitting Demonstrator
- In-Store Demonstrator
- Hostess Party Sales Representative
- Home Demonstrator
- Goodwill Representative
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Food Counselor
- Fashion Show Director
- Fashion Director, Party Plan Sales
- Exhibitor Sales
- Exhibit Display Representative
- Event Staff Member
- Electric-Gas Appliances Demonstrator
- Demonstrator Sales
- Bell Ringer
- Appliance Counselor
Tasks for “Home Service Demonstrator”
- Practice demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.
- Provide product information, using lectures, films, charts, or slide shows.
- Write articles or pamphlets about products.
- Recommend product or service improvements to employers.
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Develop lists of prospective clients from sources such as newspaper items, company records, local merchants, or customers.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Wear costumes or sign boards and walk in public to promote merchandise, services, or events.
- Train demonstrators to present a company's products or services.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Work as part of a team of demonstrators to accommodate large crowds.
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Prepare or alter presentation contents to target specific audiences.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Domestic toaster ovens
- Espresso makers
- Digital cameras
- Domestic electric skillets
- Personal computers
- Handheld calculators
- Domestic coffee makers
- Barcode scanners
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Presentation software
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Word processing software
- Spreadsheet software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office