Will “Traffic Operations Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2051.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Transportation Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Transportation Engineers
- Transportation Engineer
- Project Manager
- Transportation Planning Engineer
- Transportation Design Engineer
- Transportation Consultant
- Transportation Analyst
- Traffic Operations Engineer
- Traffic Engineer
- Roadway Engineer
- Highway Engineer
- Civil Transportation Engineer
- Airport Engineer
Tasks for “Traffic Operations Engineer”
- Investigate or test specific construction project materials to determine compliance to specifications or standards.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Evaluate transportation systems or traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Review development plans to determine potential traffic impact.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure safety or compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Develop or assist in the development of transportation-related computer software or computer processes.
- Investigate traffic problems and recommend methods to improve traffic flow or safety.
- Evaluate traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Design transportation systems or structures, using sustainable materials or products, such as porous pavement or bioretention structures.
- Present data, maps, or other information at construction-related public hearings or meetings.
- Direct the surveying, staking, or laying-out of construction projects.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Participate in contract bidding, negotiation, or administration.
- Prepare project budgets, schedules, or specifications for labor or materials.
- Model transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or to identify possible solutions to transportation problems.
- Analyze environmental impact statements for transportation projects.
- Confer with contractors, utility companies, or government agencies to discuss plans, specifications, or work schedules.
- Prepare final project layout drawings that include details such as stress calculations.
- Evaluate construction project materials for compliance with environmental standards.
- Design or engineer drainage, erosion, or sedimentation control systems for transportation projects.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
- Prepare administrative, technical, or statistical reports on traffic-operation matters, such as accidents, safety measures, or pedestrian volume or practices.
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimations to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices.
- Supervise the maintenance or repair of transportation systems or system components.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Digital cameras
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Mobile radios
- Laptop computers
- McTrans TSIS-CORSIM
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Bentley InRoads Suite
- Microsoft Word
- SIDRA INTERSECTION
- Autodesk Land Desktop
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Visual Solutions VisSIM
- Trafficware SynchroGreen
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- McTrans HCS+
- McTrans TRANSYT-7F
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Web browser software
- Structured query language SQL
- Trafficware SimTraffic
- Citilabs Cube
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D