Will “Traffic Operations Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2051.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Transportation Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Transportation Engineers
- Transportation Engineer
- Project Manager
- Transportation Planning Engineer
- Transportation Design Engineer
- Transportation Consultant
- Transportation Analyst
- Traffic Operations Engineer
- Traffic Engineer
- Roadway Engineer
- Highway Engineer
- Civil Transportation Engineer
- Airport Engineer
Tasks for “Traffic Operations Engineer”
- Supervise the maintenance or repair of transportation systems or system components.
- Design transportation systems or structures, using sustainable materials or products, such as porous pavement or bioretention structures.
- Direct the surveying, staking, or laying-out of construction projects.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
- Present data, maps, or other information at construction-related public hearings or meetings.
- Participate in contract bidding, negotiation, or administration.
- Evaluate construction project materials for compliance with environmental standards.
- Design or engineer drainage, erosion, or sedimentation control systems for transportation projects.
- Model transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or to identify possible solutions to transportation problems.
- Review development plans to determine potential traffic impact.
- Investigate or test specific construction project materials to determine compliance to specifications or standards.
- Investigate traffic problems and recommend methods to improve traffic flow or safety.
- Evaluate traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure safety or compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Evaluate transportation systems or traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Prepare administrative, technical, or statistical reports on traffic-operation matters, such as accidents, safety measures, or pedestrian volume or practices.
- Confer with contractors, utility companies, or government agencies to discuss plans, specifications, or work schedules.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Develop or assist in the development of transportation-related computer software or computer processes.
- Prepare project budgets, schedules, or specifications for labor or materials.
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimations to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices.
- Prepare final project layout drawings that include details such as stress calculations.
- Analyze environmental impact statements for transportation projects.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Digital cameras
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Mobile radios
- Computer laser printers
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Project
- McTrans TSIS-CORSIM
- McTrans HCS+
- McTrans TRANSYT-7F
- Structured query language SQL
- Trafficware SimTraffic
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Visual Solutions VisSIM
- SIDRA INTERSECTION
- Bentley InRoads Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Office
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Trafficware SynchroGreen
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Bentley MicroStation
- Autodesk Land Desktop
- Citilabs Cube
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Bentley GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite