Will “Traffic Operations Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2051.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Transportation Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Transportation Engineers
- Transportation Engineer
- Project Manager
- Transportation Planning Engineer
- Transportation Design Engineer
- Transportation Consultant
- Transportation Analyst
- Traffic Operations Engineer
- Traffic Engineer
- Roadway Engineer
- Highway Engineer
- Civil Transportation Engineer
- Airport Engineer
Tasks for “Traffic Operations Engineer”
- Direct the surveying, staking, or laying-out of construction projects.
- Prepare final project layout drawings that include details such as stress calculations.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Present data, maps, or other information at construction-related public hearings or meetings.
- Model transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or to identify possible solutions to transportation problems.
- Design or engineer drainage, erosion, or sedimentation control systems for transportation projects.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
- Review development plans to determine potential traffic impact.
- Design transportation systems or structures, using sustainable materials or products, such as porous pavement or bioretention structures.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Investigate or test specific construction project materials to determine compliance to specifications or standards.
- Confer with contractors, utility companies, or government agencies to discuss plans, specifications, or work schedules.
- Analyze environmental impact statements for transportation projects.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Prepare administrative, technical, or statistical reports on traffic-operation matters, such as accidents, safety measures, or pedestrian volume or practices.
- Supervise the maintenance or repair of transportation systems or system components.
- Evaluate traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Develop or assist in the development of transportation-related computer software or computer processes.
- Evaluate transportation systems or traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure safety or compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Investigate traffic problems and recommend methods to improve traffic flow or safety.
- Participate in contract bidding, negotiation, or administration.
- Prepare project budgets, schedules, or specifications for labor or materials.
- Evaluate construction project materials for compliance with environmental standards.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimations to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mobile radios
- Photocopying equipment
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Digital cameras
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer laser printers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Excel
- McTrans TSIS-CORSIM
- McTrans TRANSYT-7F
- SIDRA INTERSECTION
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Visual Solutions VisSIM
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley InRoads Suite
- Autodesk Land Desktop
- Citilabs Cube
- Bentley GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite
- Trafficware SynchroGreen
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Web browser software
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- McTrans HCS+
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Trafficware SimTraffic
- Autodesk AutoCAD