Will “Certified Adapted Physical Educator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Provide individualized physical education instruction or services to children, youth, or adults with exceptional physical needs due to gross motor developmental delays or other impairments.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 25-2059.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Adapted Physical Education Specialists”.
Also Known As…
- Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Physical Education Teacher
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher
- Adapted Physical Education Specialist-Workshop Leader
- Adapted Physical Education Specialist
- Adapted Physical Education or Adapted Physical Activity Specialist
- Student Education Specialist
- Physical Education Specialist
- Movement Education Specialist
- Education Specialist
- Certified Adaptive Physical Educator
- Certified Adapted Physical Educator
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Education Specialist
- Autism Resource and Education Specialist
- Autism Motor Specialist
- Adaptive Physical Educator
- Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Adaptive Physical Education Specialist
- Adapted Physical Education Aide
Tasks for “Certified Adapted Physical Educator”
- Maintain inventory of instructional equipment, materials, or aids.
- Prepare lesson plans in accordance with individualized education plans (IEPs) and the functional abilities or needs of students.
- Provide individual or small groups of students with adapted physical education instruction that meets desired physical needs or goals.
- Establish and maintain standards of behavior to create safe, orderly, and effective environments for learning.
- Communicate behavioral observations and student progress reports to students, parents, teachers, or administrators.
- Maintain thorough student records to document attendance, participation, or progress, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Assess students' physical progress or needs.
- Write reports to summarize student performance, social growth, or physical development.
- Evaluate the motor needs of individual students to determine their need for adapted physical education services.
- Instruct students, using adapted physical education techniques, to improve physical fitness, gross motor skills, perceptual motor skills, or sports and game achievement.
- Provide students positive feedback to encourage them and help them develop an appreciation for physical education.
- Advise education professionals of students' physical abilities or disabilities and the accommodations required to enhance their school performance.
- Attend in-service training, workshops, or meetings to keep abreast of current practices or trends in adapted physical education.
- Provide adapted physical education services to students with intellectual disabilities, autism, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic impairments, or other disabling condition.
- Request or order physical education equipment, following standard procedures.
- Assist in screening or placement of students in adapted physical education programs.
- Review adapted physical education programs or practices to ensure compliance with government or other regulations.
- Adapt instructional techniques to the age and skill levels of students.
- Write or modify individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with intellectual or physical disabilities.
Related Technology & Tools
- Lower body weight machines
- Laptop computers
- Soccer balls
- Hockey sticks
- Croquet sets
- Balance beams
- Basketball hoops
- Softball bats
- Medicine balls
- Personal computers
- Soccer goals
- Archery targets
- T-ball equipment
- Tennis rackets
- Electric wheelchairs
- Digital video disk DVD players
- Compact disk CD players
- Upper body ergometers
- Jump ropes
- Computer laser printers
- Personal flotation devices
- Bowling sets
- Upper body weight machines
- Swim flippers
- Badminton sets
- Balance boards
- Desktop computers
- Dart board equipment
- Emergency first aid kits
- Exercise bands
- Beeper balls
- Shuffleboard sets
- Hula hoops
- Golf clubs
- Email software
- Web browser software
- Individualized Educational Program IEP software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- Student record software