Will “Broker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
97% Chance of Automation
“Broker” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #663 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate real estate office, or work for commercial real estate firm, overseeing real estate transactions. Other duties usually include selling real estate or renting properties and arranging loans.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-9021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 79,340.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 38.00
- Currently, there are 40,850 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Real Estate Brokers”.
Also Known As…
- Real Estate Brokers
- Supervising Broker
- Real Estate Sales Associate
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Associate
- Managing Broker
- Designated Broker
- Broker Associate
- Broker Assistant
- Realty Specialist
- Realty Loan Specialist
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Real Estate Closer
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Lease Analyst
- Lease Administration Analyst
- Contract Specialist
- Closing Agent
- Buyer Broker
Tasks for “Broker”
- Obtain agreements from property owners to place properties for sale with real estate firms.
- Develop, sell, or lease property used for industry or manufacturing.
- Rent properties or manage rental properties.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and settlement details and during the closing of sales.
- Generate lists of properties for sale, their locations, descriptions, and available financing options, using computers.
- Supervise agents who handle real estate transactions.
- Review property details to ensure that environmental regulations are met.
- Sell, for a fee, real estate owned by others.
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Arrange for title searches of properties being sold.
- Check work completed by loan officers, attorneys, or other professionals to ensure that it is performed properly.
- Maintain working knowledge of various factors that determine a farm's capacity to produce, such as agricultural variables and proximity to market centers and transportation facilities.
- Give buyers virtual tours of properties in which they are interested, using computers.
- Manage or operate real estate offices, handling associated business details.
- Arrange for financing of property purchases.
- Maintain knowledge of real estate law, local economies, fair housing laws, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government programs.
- Maintain awareness of current income tax regulations, local zoning, building and tax laws, and growth possibilities of the area where a property is located.
- Monitor fulfillment of purchase contract terms to ensure that they are handled in a timely manner.
- Appraise property values, assessing income potential when relevant.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Digital cameras
- Laser facsimile machines
- Passenger vehicles
- Measuring tapes
- Computer laser printers
- Photocopying equipment
- Desktop computers
- Digital video cameras
- Handheld calculators
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- RealData REIA
- Real Estate Assistant REA
- Intuit QuickBooks
- London Computer Systems Rent Manager
- Showing Suite
- PropertyBoss Solutions PropertyBoss
- Property Boulevard
- Microsoft Word
- Google Earth Pro
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Lease Cost Solutions LseMod
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- AppFolio Property Manager
- Property records databases
- Real estate listing databases
- Visual Lease
- Microsoft Office
- First American CoreLogic RealQuest Pro
- Domin-8 Enterprise Solutions Tenant Pro
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Deep Forest Systems OnCite
- Enterprise Software Systems CRE Sync
- Microsoft Outlook
- Yardi Systems Yardi Voyager Commercial
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software