Will “Equal Opportunity Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Counselor”
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- 10-key calculators
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Microsoft Outlook
- Bashen LinkLine
- Equitas EEOStat
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Corel WordPerfect
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Microsoft Word
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Database software
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Microsoft Office