Will “Equal Opportunity Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Counselor”
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Microsoft Word
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Bashen LinkLine
- Database software
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Microsoft Office
- Gerstco AAPBase
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Excel
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Equitas EEOStat
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Bashen EEOFedSoft