Will “Grievance and Appeals Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Grievance and Appeals Coordinator”
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Desktop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Corel WordPerfect
- Bashen LinkLine
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Bashen EEOSoft
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Microsoft Office
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Microsoft Outlook
- Equitas EEOStat