Will “Grievance and Appeals Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Grievance and Appeals Coordinator”
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- 10-key calculators
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Microsoft Excel
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Bashen LinkLine
- Database software
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Microsoft Outlook
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Microsoft Office
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Equitas EEOStat
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Microsoft Word
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Corel WordPerfect
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP