Will “Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Investment Underwriters”.
Also Known As…
- Investment Underwriters
- Securities Underwriter
- Prime Broker
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)”
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer data input scanners
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Word
- Bloomberg Professional
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Email software
- Moody's RiskCalc