Will “Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Investment Underwriters”.
Also Known As…
- Investment Underwriters
- Securities Underwriter
- Prime Broker
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)”
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Desktop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Personal computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Moody's RiskCalc
- Microsoft Office
- Bloomberg Professional
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Email software
- Microsoft Visio