Will “Investment Underwriters” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
Also Known As…
- Securities Underwriter
- Prime Broker
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Investment Underwriters”
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Photocopying equipment
- Bloomberg Professional
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Moody's RiskCalc
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word
- Email software