Will “Investment Underwriters” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
Also Known As…
- Securities Underwriter
- Prime Broker
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Investment Underwriters”
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Computer data input scanners
- Laser facsimile machines
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Moody's RiskCalc
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Bloomberg Professional
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- Email software