Will “Prime Broker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Investment Underwriters”.
Also Known As…
- Investment Underwriters
- Securities Underwriter
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Prime Broker”
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Photocopying equipment
- Laptop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Email software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Visio
- Moody's RiskCalc
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Bloomberg Professional