Will “Prime Broker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Investment Underwriters”.
Also Known As…
- Investment Underwriters
- Securities Underwriter
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Prime Broker”
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Computer data input scanners
- Photocopying equipment
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Microsoft Visio
- Moody's RiskCalc
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Bloomberg Professional
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint