Will “Securities Underwriter” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-2099.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Investment Underwriters”.
Also Known As…
- Investment Underwriters
- Prime Broker
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
- Mergers and Acquisitions Banker (M&A Banker)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
- Investment Underwriter
- Investment Banker
Tasks for “Securities Underwriter”
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Email software
- Moody's KMV CreditEdge
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Moody's RiskCalc
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Web browser software
- Bloomberg Professional
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel