Will “Coastal and Estuary Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Restoration Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Planning Manager
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Conservation Planner
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
Tasks for “Coastal and Estuary Specialist”
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer data input scanners
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Microsoft Office
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Project
- Email software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Global positioning system GPS software
- ESRI ArcMap
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word