Will “Director, Forest Restoration Institute” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Restoration Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Planning Manager
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Conservation Planner
Tasks for “Director, Forest Restoration Institute”
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Project
- ESRI ArcMap
- Global positioning system GPS software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Email software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access