Will “Environmental Restoration Planners” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
Also Known As…
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Planning Manager
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Conservation Planner
Tasks for “Environmental Restoration Planners”
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Computer data input scanners
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Office
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Word
- Email software
- Microsoft Excel
- Global positioning system GPS software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- ESRI ArcMap
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Web browser software