Will “Environmental Restoration Planners” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
Also Known As…
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Planning Manager
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Conservation Planner
Tasks for “Environmental Restoration Planners”
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
Related Technology & Tools
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Laptop computers
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Access
- ESRI ArcMap
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Global positioning system GPS software
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat