Will “Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Restoration Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Planning Manager
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Conservation Planner
Tasks for “Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist”
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Computer data input scanners
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Word
- Global positioning system GPS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Email software
- Microsoft Office
- ESRI ArcMap
- Web browser software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project