Will “Planning Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Restoration Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Conservation Planner
Tasks for “Planning Manager”
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer data input scanners
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Access
- Global positioning system GPS software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Word
- Email software
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- ESRI ArcMap