Will “Conservation Planner” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Restoration Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Planning Manager
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
Tasks for “Conservation Planner”
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word
- ESRI ArcMap
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Email software
- Microsoft Office
- Global positioning system GPS software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Autodesk AutoCAD