Will “Marine Habitat Resource Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Restoration Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Watershed Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager, Environmental Planning
- Fisheries Habitat Restoration Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Conservation and Recovery
- Executive Director
- Director, River Restoration
- Director, Forest Restoration Institute
- Coastal and Estuary Specialist
- Planning Manager
- Marine Habitat Resource Specialist
- Habitat Conservation Planner
- Environmental Restoration Program Manager (ERP Manager)
- Environmental Restoration Planner
- Environmental Planning Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Conservation Planner
Tasks for “Marine Habitat Resource Specialist”
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Develop natural resource management plans, using knowledge of environmental planning or state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Plan or supervise environmental studies to achieve compliance with environmental regulations in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture of facilities such as power plants.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Develop environmental management or restoration plans for sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind farms, or solar farms.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Inspect active remediation sites to ensure compliance with environmental or safety policies, standards, or regulations.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system (GIS) data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions.
- Review existing environmental remediation designs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer data input scanners
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- ESRI ArcMap
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Global positioning system GPS software