Will “Electromechanical Assembly Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electromechanical Assembly Technician” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electromechanical Assembly Technician”
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Open end wrenches
- Pipe benders
- Pressure gauges
- Conductivity sensors
- Desktop computers
- Force gauges
- Laser alignment tools
- Hex wrenches
- Portable welding equipment
- Digital multimeters
- Framing squares
- Digital cameras
- Socket wrench sets
- Measuring tapes
- Spectrum analyzers
- Load cells
- Pressure sensors
- Flow meters
- Pipe threading machines
- Hipot testers
- Drill presses
- Protective goggles
- Soldering equipment
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Function generators
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Wire strippers
- Laptop computers
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Circuit simulation software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Motion control software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Excel
- Operating system software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Office
- Autodesk AutoCAD