Will “Electromechanical Assembly Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electromechanical Assembly Technician” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electromechanical Assembly Technician”
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Conductivity sensors
- Pressure sensors
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Function generators
- Load cells
- Pipe threading machines
- Framing squares
- Desktop computers
- Hipot testers
- Digital multimeters
- Soldering equipment
- Open end wrenches
- Force gauges
- Spectrum analyzers
- Laptop computers
- Digital cameras
- Drill presses
- Protective goggles
- Socket wrench sets
- Pressure gauges
- Flow meters
- Portable welding equipment
- Wire strippers
- Hex wrenches
- Measuring tapes
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Laser alignment tools
- Pipe benders
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Access
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Word
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Motion control software
- Circuit simulation software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Operating system software