Will “Electromechanical Equipment Tester” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electromechanical Equipment Tester” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electromechanical Equipment Tester”
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measuring tapes
- Wire strippers
- Pipe threading machines
- Digital cameras
- Digital multimeters
- Framing squares
- Force gauges
- Hipot testers
- Pipe benders
- Pressure sensors
- Pressure gauges
- Soldering equipment
- Protective goggles
- Conductivity sensors
- Laptop computers
- Open end wrenches
- Flow meters
- Laser alignment tools
- Desktop computers
- Function generators
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Drill presses
- Hex wrenches
- Socket wrench sets
- Portable welding equipment
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Load cells
- Spectrum analyzers
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Circuit simulation software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Motion control software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Microsoft Office
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Excel