Will “Electromechanical Equipment Tester” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electromechanical Equipment Tester” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electromechanical Equipment Tester”
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Hipot testers
- Pipe benders
- Desktop computers
- Hex wrenches
- Pipe threading machines
- Conductivity sensors
- Spectrum analyzers
- Digital multimeters
- Laptop computers
- Force gauges
- Soldering equipment
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Socket wrench sets
- Digital cameras
- Pressure gauges
- Portable welding equipment
- Drill presses
- Laser alignment tools
- Function generators
- Flow meters
- Load cells
- Wire strippers
- Protective goggles
- Open end wrenches
- Pressure sensors
- Framing squares
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Measuring tapes
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Circuit simulation software
- Microsoft Access
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Office
- Motion control software
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks