Will “Underwater Roboticist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Underwater Roboticist” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Underwater Roboticist”
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
Related Technology & Tools
- Conductivity sensors
- Flow meters
- Socket wrench sets
- Pressure sensors
- Force gauges
- Function generators
- Pressure gauges
- Portable welding equipment
- Open end wrenches
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Laser alignment tools
- Hipot testers
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Framing squares
- Pipe benders
- Desktop computers
- Pipe threading machines
- Drill presses
- Digital multimeters
- Protective goggles
- Digital cameras
- Laptop computers
- Spectrum analyzers
- Measuring tapes
- Hex wrenches
- Soldering equipment
- Wire strippers
- Load cells
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Circuit simulation software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Motion control software
- Microsoft Excel
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Access
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Microsoft Office
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Outlook