Will “Underwater Roboticist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Underwater Roboticist” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Underwater Roboticist”
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Soldering equipment
- Portable welding equipment
- Function generators
- Pressure gauges
- Pressure sensors
- Open end wrenches
- Load cells
- Conductivity sensors
- Protective goggles
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Flow meters
- Laptop computers
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Socket wrench sets
- Pipe threading machines
- Spectrum analyzers
- Desktop computers
- Laser alignment tools
- Framing squares
- Digital cameras
- Digital multimeters
- Hipot testers
- Pipe benders
- Wire strippers
- Hex wrenches
- Measuring tapes
- Drill presses
- Force gauges
- Human machine interface HMI software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- Motion control software
- Microsoft Access
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Operating system software
- Circuit simulation software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Outlook