Will “Maintenance Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Maintenance Associate” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Maintenance Associate”
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Flow meters
- Pipe benders
- Function generators
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Wire strippers
- Open end wrenches
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Soldering equipment
- Socket wrench sets
- Laptop computers
- Drill presses
- Spectrum analyzers
- Digital cameras
- Pipe threading machines
- Measuring tapes
- Hipot testers
- Digital multimeters
- Protective goggles
- Portable welding equipment
- Conductivity sensors
- Load cells
- Pressure gauges
- Force gauges
- Framing squares
- Pressure sensors
- Hex wrenches
- Laser alignment tools
- Desktop computers
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Outlook
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Access
- Motion control software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Word
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Office
- Circuit simulation software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft Excel