Will “Maintenance Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Maintenance Associate” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Maintenance Associate”
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
Related Technology & Tools
- Conductivity sensors
- Digital multimeters
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Laser alignment tools
- Laptop computers
- Pipe threading machines
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Pipe benders
- Socket wrench sets
- Measuring tapes
- Flow meters
- Open end wrenches
- Framing squares
- Wire strippers
- Soldering equipment
- Hipot testers
- Pressure gauges
- Force gauges
- Desktop computers
- Hex wrenches
- Spectrum analyzers
- Function generators
- Digital cameras
- Protective goggles
- Portable welding equipment
- Load cells
- Pressure sensors
- Drill presses
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Operating system software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Motion control software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Circuit simulation software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Excel