Will “Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)”
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Open end wrenches
- Hipot testers
- Framing squares
- Socket wrench sets
- Desktop computers
- Force gauges
- Pipe benders
- Conductivity sensors
- Digital cameras
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Digital multimeters
- Laptop computers
- Laser alignment tools
- Soldering equipment
- Pressure gauges
- Flow meters
- Function generators
- Spectrum analyzers
- Drill presses
- Wire strippers
- Hex wrenches
- Pipe threading machines
- Measuring tapes
- Load cells
- Portable welding equipment
- Pressure sensors
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Protective goggles
- Rockwell RSLogix
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Outlook
- Motion control software
- Circuit simulation software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Operating system software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks