Will “Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)”
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
Related Technology & Tools
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Conductivity sensors
- Socket wrench sets
- Load cells
- Measuring tapes
- Pressure sensors
- Portable welding equipment
- Digital multimeters
- Hex wrenches
- Spectrum analyzers
- Open end wrenches
- Flow meters
- Protective goggles
- Desktop computers
- Framing squares
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Pipe benders
- Pipe threading machines
- Pressure gauges
- Laser alignment tools
- Force gauges
- Digital cameras
- Laptop computers
- Soldering equipment
- Wire strippers
- Function generators
- Drill presses
- Hipot testers
- Microsoft Outlook
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Office
- Circuit simulation software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Operating system software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Motion control software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Microsoft PowerPoint