Will “Unmanned Equipment Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Unmanned Equipment Operator” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Unmanned Equipment Operator”
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Protective goggles
- Drill presses
- Measuring tapes
- Wire strippers
- Portable welding equipment
- Spectrum analyzers
- Hipot testers
- Socket wrench sets
- Open end wrenches
- Digital multimeters
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Digital cameras
- Laptop computers
- Hex wrenches
- Pipe threading machines
- Pressure gauges
- Soldering equipment
- Framing squares
- Flow meters
- Laser alignment tools
- Force gauges
- Load cells
- Function generators
- Pipe benders
- Pressure sensors
- Desktop computers
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Conductivity sensors
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Circuit simulation software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Operating system software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Excel
- Rockwell RSLogix
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Motion control software