Will “Unmanned Equipment Operator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Unmanned Equipment Operator” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Unmanned Equipment Operator”
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measuring tapes
- Open end wrenches
- Portable welding equipment
- Pressure gauges
- Conductivity sensors
- Drill presses
- Pipe threading machines
- Flow meters
- Protective goggles
- Spectrum analyzers
- Laser alignment tools
- Digital multimeters
- Framing squares
- Soldering equipment
- Load cells
- Wire strippers
- Desktop computers
- Function generators
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Force gauges
- Hex wrenches
- Socket wrench sets
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Digital cameras
- Pressure sensors
- Hipot testers
- Laptop computers
- Pipe benders
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Motion control software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Circuit simulation software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Operating system software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Word
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks