Will “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)”
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
Related Technology & Tools
- Flow meters
- Pipe benders
- Socket wrench sets
- Framing squares
- Portable welding equipment
- Conductivity sensors
- Hipot testers
- Measuring tapes
- Drill presses
- Wire strippers
- Soldering equipment
- Digital multimeters
- Pressure sensors
- Load cells
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Desktop computers
- Laser alignment tools
- Open end wrenches
- Function generators
- Pressure gauges
- Hex wrenches
- Digital cameras
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Spectrum analyzers
- Pipe threading machines
- Protective goggles
- Force gauges
- Laptop computers
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft Access
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Circuit simulation software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Motion control software
- PTC Creo Parametric