Will “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)”
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital cameras
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Socket wrench sets
- Pipe threading machines
- Flow meters
- Wire strippers
- Pressure sensors
- Spectrum analyzers
- Protective goggles
- Framing squares
- Laptop computers
- Soldering equipment
- Pressure gauges
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Function generators
- Portable welding equipment
- Drill presses
- Hipot testers
- Laser alignment tools
- Conductivity sensors
- Open end wrenches
- Pipe benders
- Desktop computers
- Digital multimeters
- Hex wrenches
- Measuring tapes
- Force gauges
- Load cells
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Circuit simulation software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Access
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Microsoft Excel
- Motion control software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Word
- Operating system software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks