Will “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)”
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measuring tapes
- Open end wrenches
- Wire strippers
- Pipe threading machines
- Pressure gauges
- Hex wrenches
- Spectrum analyzers
- Laser alignment tools
- Socket wrench sets
- Digital cameras
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Hipot testers
- Laptop computers
- Protective goggles
- Pipe benders
- Pressure sensors
- Flow meters
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Desktop computers
- Load cells
- Framing squares
- Drill presses
- Digital multimeters
- Soldering equipment
- Conductivity sensors
- Force gauges
- Function generators
- Portable welding equipment
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Motion control software
- Microsoft Excel
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Microsoft Outlook
- Circuit simulation software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Office
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Access
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Operating system software